Last Thursday was Thanksgiving, and while I have previously mentioned I would be updating my blog every Tuesday and Thursday I decided Thanksgiving was an exception. It’s also pretty difficult for me to get on my electronics around my toddler, because as all of you fellow moms and dads know our small tots just have to be doing everything we parents are doing. Anyways, today is December 1st, but it is never to late to mention the things I have been incredibly thankful for this past year. I mean come on, Thanksgiving just happened and Christmas is literally right around the corner. Now is the time to reflect on the past year after all. 🙂
Here are a few things I wanted to share that I have been incredibly thankful for over the past year. Enjoy!
- My son. I will never be able to say enough how thankful I am for this small human that I was blessed to be the mother of. He has literally taught me more than I can ever imagine and has made me grow as a person. He reminds me to enjoy the small things in life and his big personality can light up any room, after he gets over the whole shy aspect that is. Every single day is amazing because of him. He is my absolute world!
- Family. While we may butt heads from time to time, I would never trade my family for the world. They have always been supportive of me, but especially this past year. They offer me free childcare, and the best kind because they are family! It’s also a huge perk that they are able to spend so much time with Michael and watch him learn and grow as well and I know that makes them really happy.
- Happiness. I am a strong believer in true happiness. We all have our ups and downs in life, but this past year has been mostly one big up for me. The beginning was a little rocky, but having the support system I have and taking the time to figure out who I am and what I want out of my life has helped me to find my happiness and I will forever remember this year for it.
- My boyfriend. Going off of my previous point, Paul has really helped me find my happiness and do some deep thinking. I am thankful I met such a kind and caring person that has really pushed me to not give up on my dreams and goals in life because I used to think they were silly. We have a blast together and we both push each other to be the best we can possibly be. Not to mention, I am thankful I have Paul’s mom Laurie in my life. She has also helped make me realize not to give up on my dreams and is a huge reason why I have started blogging again.
- Coffee. Because coffee. Really though, this will just always find its way onto any list of things that I am thankful for, or things that make me happy, because caffeine. That is all.
- My current job. Bartending is such a blast and something that I am passionate about. It took me a good two years to work my way up to this position in the restaurant world, and then it took me leaping out on a ledge to apply and accept a full time bartending position at my current job when I only had a little experience in that particular area. I work for great people, and with great people. The atmosphere is awesome and I actually enjoy going to work because I have made so many friends, not just regulars that come to eat and drink.
There are definitely many more things I am thankful for, which means this list could go on for a very long time, but I will end it here for now. While this is the time of year to reflect on things we are thankful for, we should all remember we need to be thankful all year round. On that note, happy first day of December everyone! Santa will be here before you know it. 😉
What are some things you have been thankful for this past year?